With the integration enabled, your 'Family' Leads and Matters in Smokeball will have a linked FamilyProperty Matter.
Certain information can then be synced to and from the Smokeball Lead/Matter over to the FamilyProperty Matter.
However, if your firm was concurrently using Smokeball and FamilyProperty - and you had not historically enabled the integration - you may notice you have duplicate Matters in FamilyProperty after enabling the integration.
Generally you will notice there is one FP Matter with historical data, and a duplicate FP Matter that is blank. However, the blank FP Matter will be linked to the Smokeball Matter.
To correct this, you can unlink these Smokeball Leads/Matters from the blank FP Matter, then link them to the correct FP Matter instead.
Please note - we recommend reaching out to the support team for assistance with this, as you may inadvertently create more duplicate Matters if you do not take the correct precautions.
To manually link a Smokeball Matter to the correct FamilyProperty Matter:
- Login to FamilyProperty via your web browser.
- Search for the blank FP Matter > click the ... button to the right > Setup.
- Under Practice Management Matter ID you should see the a Smokeball Matter ID > remove this SB Matter ID > Save.
- Click the ... button to the right of this FP Matter > Archive this blank FP Matter.
- Open the Smokeball Matter.
- Click the gear icon (top right) > About > click on the Smokeball Matter ID to copy this.
- Next, go back to FamilyProperty via your web browser.
- Search for the FP Matter with data > click the ... button to the right > Setup.
- Under Practice Management Matter ID, input the ID you copied from Step 6 above.
- Hit Save.
Your Smokeball Matter should now be linked to the correct FamilyProperty Matter!