To fill in the Questionnaire on behalf of your client:
- After creating the lead or matter in Smokeball, do not tick the checkbox to send the questionnaire. Instead, click on the Questionnaire button and choose 'Open'.
- This will launch the Questionnaire and you can begin filling it out with (or on behalf of) your client.
- At any point, you can:
- Click 'Submit' on the last page of the Questionnaire (and therefore not send it to the client at all) and you will see the screen below. Close the window and then click on the Property or Parenting Tabs where you can continue to add further information, start using the Balance Sheets and/or Parenting Calendar, and manage all aspects of the Matter. OR;
- Send some sections of the Questionnaire for the client to complete on their own. Read on learn how.
Can my client complete the rest of the Questionnaire on their own?
Yes! At any time whilst filling in the Questionnaire, you can invite your client to FamilyProperty allowing them to finish this off in their own time.
- With the Questionnaire open, expand the left side menu and click on 'Set-up and User access':
2. From there, scroll down to the 'Your Client' section and check the option to: 'Yes, invite my client to access the Questionnaire'
3. Enter in your client's name and email address and then select the sections of the Questionnaire you wish to include. You may wish to leave in the sections that you have already completed for the client to review and update as required, or you can omit these by unchecking these sections and only include the sections you will them to focus on (This means your client won't be able to see or update the sections you have already filled out on their behalf.)
Once done, scroll down to 'Save' - this will send your client an invitation email, allowing them to login to FamilyProperty and complete the Questionnaire on their end.
My client hasn't finished the questionnaire, can I submit it on their behalf?
Yes! At any time, you can open the questionnaire and view the client's progress. The below note is shown at the start of the questionnaire if it has been sent but not submitted:
You can finish entering information into the questionnaire if you wish, or at anytime simply click to the last section of the questionnaire (using the left-hand menu) and then click 'Submit'. This will allow you to access the information via the Property and Parenting tabs in Smokeball where you can continue to manage the matter. By doing this, the client will no longer have access to the questionnaire and therefore can not make changes to the information.